Race 1 - Mandeville (Nth Canterbury) - Sunday 11th August
Race 2 - Tai Tapu - Sunday 8th September
Race 3 - Allandale in Lyttleton harbour - Sunday 29th September
Welcome to the home of the "JD Duathlons"
The inaugural JD Duathlons were established in 2009 with two Christchurch based events run by John Newsom & Dave Dwan.
The JD Duathlons strive to provide a variety of race options for all levels of athletes from the first timer to elite athlete and do so in a professional and safe manner. There is a great crew of sponsors on board and both John & Dave are athletes themselves so know what makes for a successful event
We have a race for you!!
- First timers - there is the novice race where you don't have to line up against the big guns.
- Teams - if the full race looks a bit much find a mate or work colleague to join up with and do one part of the race.
- Corporate - why not set up a few work teams and go head to head or go against other businesses
- Kids - we have a separate course for the kids with no cars to worry about
- Serious athletes - test yourself against some of the best in the region on a multi lap draft free course
- Spectators - no longer do you see 5 seconds of the race. You can see your friends, kids or mates all the way
"I wanted to thank and congratulate you for running the JD duathlon series. Our son really enjoyed the experience (including the 'character building' endurance race) at the Ruapuna race track. The event was well organised in a safe and relaxed atmosphere. I will definitely recommend the duathlon series to other children and parents for next year".